Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 18 - Furry Pine

Uploaded by Laura Sheehy

Oddly enough I walked by this tree without noticing it for the first couple of days. During my training, the facilitator, Bryan, mentioned the tree as a photo opportunity. He told us that the trunk of the tree was covered with needles. Having never seen or heard of such a pine tree, it was my first stop when we were given time to explore. A towering pine in an overcoat demanded my attention. Needles everywhere and no sign of bark. I stood in awe. A sign at the foot of the tree gave the name. I thought about taking a picture, something I have done on other occasions, but decided not to do it. Now I wish I had, because I cannot remember what kind of tree it is. I know it was imported from out of the country, but that is all I can remember. My curiosity is compounded by wondering what this tree looks like in the winter. Does the bark show up? And, if it does, what does it look like? Hmmm... sounds like a road trip is in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment