Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 19 - Desert Blooms

Uploaded by Laura Sheehy

Early morning was the best time to capture the desert blooms at the resort. On my last day, I rose early to check out before our morning sessions. I miscalculated how long it would take to pack up and check out which turned out to be a lucky break. I spent almost an hour walking around taking pictures in the early hours. During the day and evening hours I never saw two of these plants bloom. I have a great shot of the purple plant from the evening, but loved being able to capture the morning bloom. I know the time of day changes the lighting of photos; however I need to remember to check out photo opportunities at different times of the day to see how the subjects change. This thought reminds me of zoos and their animals. Walking past animals provides different results depending on the time of day. Visiting the zoo on a hot day or during nap times will reduce the number of animals you will get to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment