Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 2 - Art Appreciation


Uploaded by Laura Sheehy

My first session on Monday was SIGML's Tour: Get Out on a Digitally Enhanced Tour of Denver Public Art. I enjoyed a self-paced tour supplemented by ScanLife. Using a borrowed cell phone, I was able to read the QR code and see additional information about the pieces I was viewing. QR codes are a handy way to have more information at your fingertips without paper. I even watched a video about one piece as I was standing in front of it. I had a hard time deciding which picture to post but selected this one because of the lighting and the history. The Smoky Hill Trail Monument marks the end of the trail. The original plan was to have a Native American figure on top of the monument. The people outcry was such that the top of the monument became a statue of Kit Carson. The monument also has a sculpture of mother and child honoring pioneer women of Colorado. If you would like to see more of the monument, watch my amateur video.

No comments:

Post a Comment